Persian Rug Cleaning
Persian Rug Cleaning Orange County
With over a decade of hands-on experience cleaning beautiful and antique Persian area rugs, our experts have the necessary knowledge and equipment to care for even the most delicate or valuable Persian area rugs.
With an abundance of industry and hands-on experience, your Persian area rugs are in the best hands with Refined Carpet | Rugs. For more information, please contact us today.
Our delicate seven step process:
1. Pre-wash Inspection – Before any cleaning takes place, our experts lead a cautious inspection in order to determine the best cleaning technique(s) to use on the rug, depending upon the material that the rug is made of. Next, we analyze the state of your rug by assessing worn areas, profoundly inserted dirt, and/or other extraordinary needs. For example, if your rug may need repair.
2. Pre-washing/Dusting – Using a commercial vacuum, we are able to remove any and all large particles. Then, by using highly compressed air, we thoroughly remove all the dust particles and any debris. If these micro-particles are not removed, they can eventually wear away at the fibers in your area rug, so this is definitely an important step in the process.
Our method of rug cleaning ensures that each area rug is completely safe from dye transfers, and will remove all dirt from the rug. We apply a color stabilizing agent to the area rug to make sure all dyes are stable before the rug washing begins.
3. First Stage Wash – Next, we begin to remove any dirt, soil, or spotting by washing the rug down with water. We make sure to pay attention to the backing and fringe of each area rug, so as to ensure that every fiber receives a deep cleaning.
4. Second Stage Wash – In this stage, we apply a gentle organic, pH neutral shampoo (which is made for treating natural fibers) in order to break down all the grease and dirt in the rug. At this time we will also take care of any spots and stains. If the area rug has pet stains or pet urine, we will treat these as well. We then rinse away all shampoos and cleaning agents. The rug is then placed into a centrifuge that is able to remove any extra liquid or substance that could not be removed by hand.
(Our competitors tend to use a rug cleaning method that involves steam-cleaning extraction. This method leaves your area rug with high amounts of soap residue that will, unfortunately, attract dirt ten times quicker. This method may also shrink and damage rug fibers.)
5. Grooming and Drying – We groom every area rug by combing the pile, and the fringe, in its proper direction. Once combed, the rug is hung to dry in our on-site, climate-controlled facility. Paying attention to every rug’s construction, we evaluate the level of heat, airflow, and temperature specifically needed for each area rug. The rug will then hang dry over night.
6. Fragrance Scenting – A light fragrance is applied to the rug in order to further sanitize and freshen it. This is particularly noticeable, and delightful, to those whose rugs needed to be treated for pet urine.
7. Final Inspection – When conducting the final inspection, we make sure that the area rug is fully dried, and as clean as possible, or we will work through the entire seven-step process all over again.
Once your area rug has finished our seven-step cleaning process, we highly suggest having it protected with our Rug Guard Fiber Protectant. Rug Guard is a treatment we apply to your rug after cleaning, to protect your area rug from stains, and extend the time frame between now and your next cleaning. To learn more about our Rug Guard Fiber Protectant, click here or contact us.