About Refined Carpet | Rugs
At Refined Carpet | Rugs our knowledge of area rugs extends far and wide.
With over a decade of experience in the cleaning and repair industry we have been able to create a completely unique approach to rug washing and restoration. We utilize our extensive knowledge, and old-world techniques, with modern-day equipment to achieve the best results, and yield the highest customer satisfaction.
At our facility, every rug is washed by hand in order to properly care for each individual rug, and its fibers. In our care, each rug receives an individualized cleaning method in order to achieve optimal cleanliness, while also protecting the rug from any possible damage. While this method takes longer, we feel it is the only true way to care for area rugs, as without the proper cleaning techniques, a rug will be left dirty, stained or even worse — damaged.
Whether you have a delicate hand-made, silk rug, or a pet-friendly, machine-made rug, we have the necessary knowledge, experience and equipment to properly clean, repair, or restore your beautiful floor piece.
Our delicate, seven-stage cleaning process:
1. Pre-wash Inspection – Before any cleaning takes place, our experts lead a cautious inspection in order to determine the best cleaning technique(s) to use on the rug, depending upon the material that the rug is made of. Next, we analyze the state of your rug by assessing worn areas, profoundly inserted dirt, and/or other extraordinary needs. For example, if your rug may need repair.
2. Pre-washing/Dusting – Using a commercial vacuum, we are able to remove any and all large particles. Then, by using highly compressed air, we thoroughly remove all the dust particles and any debris. If these micro-particles are not removed, they can eventually wear away at the fibers in your area rug, so this is definitely an important step in the process.
Our method of rug cleaning ensures that each area rug is completely safe from dye transfers, and will remove all dirt from the rug. We apply a color stabilizing agent to the area rug to make sure all dyes are stable before the rug washing begins.
3. First Stage Wash – Next, we begin to remove any dirt, soil, or spotting by washing the rug down with water. We make sure to pay attention to the backing and fringe of each area rug, so as to ensure that every fiber receives a deep cleaning.
4. Second Stage Wash – In this stage, we apply a gentle organic, pH neutral shampoo (which is made for treating natural fibers) in order to break down all the grease and dirt in the rug. At this time we will also take care of any spots and stains. If the area rug has pet stains or pet urine, we will treat these as well. We then rinse away all shampoos and cleaning agents. The rug is then placed into a centrifuge that is able to remove any extra liquid or substance that could not be removed by hand.
(Our competitors tend to use a rug cleaning method that involves steam-cleaning extraction. This method leaves your area rug with high amounts of soap residue that will, unfortunately, attract dirt ten times quicker. This method may also shrink and damage rug fibers.)
5. Grooming and Drying – We groom every area rug by combing the pile, and the fringe, in its proper direction. Once combed, the rug is hung to dry in our on-site, climate-controlled facility. Paying attention to every rug’s construction, we evaluate the level of heat, airflow, and temperature specifically needed for each area rug. The rug will then hang dry over night.
6. Fragrance Scenting – A light fragrance is applied to the rug in order to further sanitize and freshen it. This is particularly noticeable, and delightful, to those whose rugs needed to be treated for pet urine.
7. Final Inspection – When conducting the final inspection, we make sure that the area rug is fully dried, and as clean as possible, or we will work through the entire seven-step process all over again.
Why Choose Refined Carpet | Rugs?
Refined Carpet | Rugs is your one-stop shop for all your area rug cleaning and repair needs.
For more information, or a FREE estimate, please feel free to contact us here or at: